Friday, October 19, 2007

Subway

Today at Subway I had a six inch Italian "BMT" on white with Ham, salami, and Pepper Jack cheese. I had it toasted, then added lettuce, cucumber, tomato, bell peppers, onions, and jalapenos, and topped off with Ranch dressing. With a bag of chips it was less than $5.00

When I took my first bite I could smell the aroma of baked ham and felt the crispness of the toasted bread. The flavor of everything else was muted by a sudden memory of Reuben sandwiches.

The Reuben Sandwich is corned-beef on Rye with Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, and Thousand Island Dressing or Russian Dressing.

Rye bread doesn't appear to be on the menu and I didn't see any sauerkraut, but I'm pretty sure they have Swiss cheese.

Since the smell of ham and salami toasted together brought out the aroma that reminded me of corned beef, I figure the two would be a perfect ready substitute on any bread.

Next week during lunch I'll see if they have anything like the ingredients I mentioned, and if anyone knows of any other ingredients not openly on the menu, but still available, your comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment