Thursday, April 23, 2009

Show Me restaurant raked over the coals on Craigslist

Craigslist's Rants and Raves section once again proves more entertaining and informative than "regler" news.

A customer get's angry about an experience and sooner than later other people with similar experiences come out of the woodwork.


Unlike "real" reporting (which college has taught me there is no such thing) People can post almost anything they want. It may not stay up very long if it gets flagged (which is frequently the focus of many conspiracy theories).


I've grown in my admiration for the efforts of anonymous authors at Craigslist. They are colorful and more sincere than one might assume.


So here they are:


Showme's sucks - here is why (Springfield)
Reply to: pers-a6tzk-1133914117@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-21, 8:37PM CDT


I called Showme's this afternoon and asked "Do you have any wing specials today"? The girl cherrfully said "Yes, 35 cent wings from 3pm till 6pm & 9pm till midnight.
My wife and I went in at 5:00 and ordered 40 wings thinking that if we didnt eat them all we would take a few home for late night snaking or whatever.
My wife ordered Soda, I asked for Water. I was then informed that if I was buying the 35 cent wings that I MUST purchase a drink. Beer, wine, liquor, soda.. SOMETHING.
Ok, I am not a soft drink fan, but I reluctantly ordered a soda for 2.50 (roughly). We also ordered side orders of fries.
We ate 25 wings between the 2 of us and asked for a container to take the remaining 15 wings home... no way.
They REFUSED to let us take them out of the restaurant. Even though they were on my bill - and I was being charged for them I was unable to take them with me.
BULLSHIT!!!!
I complained in a nice & civilized way - FINALLY after ALMOST becoming a dick, the manager (who was a bitch) took the wings off of my bill that we didnt eat. What a douche bag. I simply asked "why cant I just take them". Against their policy.

I will never step foot in that bastard again!

Am I wrong?

* Location: Springfield
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



PostingID: 1133914117

re / showme's (springfield)
Reply to: pers-wech3-1134004937@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-21, 9:51PM CDT


my question is what happened to the 15 wings they took off his plate and bill? did they go to the next wing customer? it dont make any sense to take them off peoples bill then throw them away everytime. also is there a sign or does the waitress warn you to only order what you can eat because you cant take leftovers home......wow im not going there lol

* Location: springfield
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



PostingID: 1134004937


RE: Showme's sucks - here is why (Springfield)
Reply to: pers-b9wfc-1134683158@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-22, 11:27AM CDT


It is illegel to resell leftovers, especially if they were placed on the table in front of you. That is a serious health code violation.
If it is true that they took left-over wings off your table and refused to let you take them with you, they either must be trying to keep a recipe secret, or they were planning to re-sell your food.
Good job getting the difference in your bill back.
ShowMe gets the SHOCKER AWARD!



* Location: Springfield
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


RE: Showme's sucks (Springfield)
Reply to: pers-qbyws-1134757459@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-22, 12:05PM CDT


Not to start a big thing but it's a "special" for dine in only. You cant go to an all you can eat place and ask for several to go boxes....... Kinda the same thing. You got reimbursed for not understanding this so why complain? Staff? Ask for the owners information and talk to them. Squeaky Wheel Gets The Greasin.....
Thursdays from 5-7 they have 5 wings for .93C (dine in only). I honestly think they have some of the best wings in town and there specials are very good.
I also recommend Westwoods on west Jefferson for there 40sum different flavors of wings. Very good stuff.

* Location: Springfield
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



PostingID: 1134757459


re / showme/s (springfield)
Reply to: pers-4eabk-1134958080@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-22, 1:48PM CDT


everyone has specials, look this is not an all you can eat situation he called they said .35c wings he ordered 40 what gain do they have by throwing away the wings instead of selling them to the guy......STUPID or resale you tell me lol

* Location: springfield
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



PostingID: 1134958080


I am original Showme's poster (Springfield)
Reply to: pers-b7h96-1135196447@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-22, 4:00PM CDT


There actually is a sign back by the kitchen/bathroom that does clearly state "must purchase a drink & NO carry outs". The manager pointed that out to me.
I simply stated that had I needed to take a piss, or speak to management BEFORE I placed my order, I would have figured it out.
I dont think that they resold them. I simply think that the female manager was playing tough guy. She was a bit "dykish" if that is a word.
I am a good sized guy and I feel that she was trying to be tough and show me that I couldn't push her around. I will also add that I was completely calm, I didnt raise my voice, I didnt
use any profanity what so ever. I did tell her that the policy, and the way that she was enforcing it was preposterous, ludicrous and borderline nazi-like.

I dont think that they were worried about recipie either. I think that they were making an example. NO CARRYOUTS what so ever on special wing prices.
I can appreciate that - I just think that they should make that policy more visible.

Show me's can go take an arenotical intercourse on an orbiting pastry.
They aernt the only game in town.


* Location: Springfield
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests



PostingID: 1135196447

No comments:

Post a Comment